Thursday, May 15, 2008

Granada, Spain during Easter Break

After Gibraltar we traveled to Granada, Spain on March 25 & 26. I had traveled to Sevilla and Granada once before when I went with my high school Spanish group about eight years ago but it was great to visit and see all the beauty of the south of Spain again. The city of Granada is a very good tourist destination. It has many beautiful sights.

One of the most famous sights to see in Granada is 'La Alhambra'. 'La Alhambra' is an old palace which is made of up of many buildings built by both the Muslims and Christians. It is easy to tell which parts of 'La Alhambra' are made up by the Muslims and the Christians. The gardens in the palaces are very beautiful!! Everything is a wonder to see. There are many fountains, patios, gardens and towers. There are excellent views of the city center of Granada, the mountains that surround the city and also the famous neighborhoods on the outskirts of the city that are all white!

This is one of the most famous places to take a photo of in 'La Alhambra'. We had a remarkably beautiful day to visit the palaces.

Many of the walls in 'La Alhambra' were intricately carved. I enjoyed seeing all the different carvings in each room.

I am standing in front of another beautiful garden in 'La Alhambra'.

More beautiful fountains and gardens in 'La Alhambra'.

In the background is the famous neighborhood, in the outskirts of Granada, with all of the white painted houses.

The mountains that surround the city of Granada.

The Cathedral in Granada is in the old part of the city. It is very hard to take a photo of the Cathedral when you are close up to it. This Cathedral doesn't have any major square or plaza around it and is very close to all the other old buildings. This photo was taken from the top of a tower in 'La Alhambra'.

I'm standing on the tower with the Cathedral behind me.

I am sitting in the famous neighborhood of white painted houses with 'La Alhambra' in the background.
After Ben and I visited Granada for a couple days we traveled on to visit Cordoba, Spain for a few days before heading back to Logrono.

1 comment:

travel-ography.com said...

Abby,
I wish I was going to have more time in Spain. I would love to be able to tour this city. I'm glad I do get to visit it through your photos, though.
Love,
Mom